Q&A Sponsorship Philippines
What does volunteering mean?
A volunteer is a person who freely commits to
Where is CAMELEON Philippines located?
CAMELEON Philippines is based in the province of Iloilo, on Panay Island, in the Western Visayas, in the Philippines.
What are the missions proposed to CAMELEON Philippines volunteers?
More than thirty volunteers fly every year to the Philippines. They participate in the daily life of the Centre; their skills
Needs in the field evolve and missions are diverse. Depending on the applications sent, we discuss with the local team to see whether a mission could correspond to the candidate profile. For example, we are regularly looking for volunteers for activities during school holidays, medical missions, construction/building rehabilitation programs,
Please note that activities involving daily contact with children can only take place in April/May or November/December, during Filipino school vacation time. In other months, exchanges with children are limited to evenings (schooling support, activities) and
You will find all our current offers of volunteer work for CAMELEON Philippines here.
Who can volunteer for CAMELEON Philippines?
We are looking primarily for people in good health, more than 20 years old, mature, responsible, with real skills in specific areas, creative and ready to take the initiative, with an excellent standard of written and spoken English. Fluent English is absolutely essential for any mission with CAMELEON
Priority will be given to volunteers who already have an experience in the field for which they apply.
Initiative, autonomy and team spirits, tolerance, patience, organization
The following profiles are particularly appreciated:
- Manager/commercial (Preparing applications for funding, Fundraising,
- Animator (Summer camp animation, theatre, dance, circus, sport, singing, music, sewing, handcrafting)
- Medical students
- Communication Professional (web designer, photographer, videographer)
- Professionals in the field of construction (building renovation programs)
- Computer engineer/specialist
- Law (Children’s rights)
What are the availability requirements for CAMELEON Philippines volunteers?
The availability required varies depending on the missions that are proposed. This is the reason why, when you submit your application, we need to know your dates of availability and the ideal duration of your stay, in order to identify which mission could possibly suit you.
For your information, missions in the field usually vary from 1 to 4 months.
How can I become a volunteer for CAMELEON Philippines?
To apply to start as a volunteer for CAMELEON Philippines, send your CV and a covering letter in French and English, mentioning your dates of availability and the possible duration of your stay
A member of the association will then contact you: if your profile appeals to the team in the Philippines, you will be invited to fill out a questionnaire in order for us to know you better.
If your answers confirm our positive impression, we will get back to you to organize an interview in Paris with the Director and Founder Laurence Ligier.
Please note that your application will not be accepted until after this meeting.
What are the financial conditions for volunteering with CAMELEON Philippines?
Funding for the trip is entirely the responsibility of the volunteer: flight tickets to the Philippines and for domestic flights Manila/Iloilo/Manila, visa, health/ repatriation insurance, local transportation between Iloilo airport and the Centre (1h30), participation in housing, food
Here are some examples of costs, which can vary depending on the periods:
- Membership of the association: 30 € (to be paid to CAMELEON France to become a member of the association, mandatory contribution)
- Flight tickets Paris/Manila/Paris: from 700 to 1000 €
- Flight tickets Manila/Iloilo/Manila: from 80 to 100 €
- Airport tax Iloilo/Manila: 200 PHP
- Airport tax Manila/Paris: 550 PHP (often included in the flight ticket)
- Healthcare/repatriation insurance: 30 € (1 month)
- Transportation Iloilo airport/Passi/airport: 1500 PHP (to be shared if there is more than one of you)
- Lodging, food: 8000 PHP per month (except
- Visa (if you stay more than 30 days): 27 €
- Money for tourism: 300 € (1 month),
I would like to do an internship at CAMELEON Philippines, is it possible?
CAMELEON Philippines can take on volunteers as part of a training agreement. You will find all current internship opportunities at CAMELEON Philippines here.
Spontaneous applications are also welcomed: send
Following the process of recruitment (see
If you don’t find the answer to your questions in this FAQ, please contact us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org