Photography Exhibit FRONTIERES
The photography exhibit
The Photography Exhibit : FRONTIERES is the result of a collaboration between the photographer Pedro Lombardi and CAMELEON association. During the month of May 2014, the photographer shared the daily life of girls in the Philippines. There he captured the sadness and the emotion but above all the strength, the joy of living and the solidarity of all these girls who, like the chameleon, continue to advance by adapting despite the obstacles. The girls are at the center of the exhibition, both subjects and objects. The exhibition is placed under the sign of the authenticity, nothing is put, the report to the girls is crude and direct, without intermediary.
“I have rarely been so moved by the vital force of the eyes of these girls“
The FRONTIERES‘ theme
The theme of borders naturally emerges from the photos. Their structures translate this omnipresent problematic into the lives of young girls. It is not only a symbolic frontier between being and becoming, but a whole that unfolds as exposure unfolds: between fear and trust, the individual and the group, the masculine and
But any boundary, whether physical or psychological, can be crossed and it is this message of hope that emerges from the exhibition. These young girls are at the crossroads, they seek and thrive by managing to overcome their limits. This exhibition highlights young girls on the wire, still unstable and threatening to stumble on their past. But it also shows us young women who take risks to overcome social, psychological and physical barriers.
Organized in courses, 40 photos retrace the reconstruction of young girls CAMELEON. They are the testimony of a broken childhood that re-learns to live and to trust despite
the injustices of life.
One is disturbed, one wonders, the emotion is omnipresent among the clichés. As in the photos, the viewer is at the border.
All dates and venues of the exhibition tour since 2015!
- In February 2015 at the Diocèse of Dijon, for the « Femmes
aucœur du monde»
- In June 2015 at the Opera of Reims
- From July, 10th to the August 2th 2015 at the Palais des congrès of Touquet
- From 4 to 24 September 2015 at the Maison des associations et des solidarités of Paris 13ème
- From November, 25th 2015 to January, 15th 2016 at Boulogne-Billancourt, Lagardère Studios
- From January, 20th to February, 20th 2016 in Sweden at Lausanne, at the Maison de la Femme de la Fondation Madeleine Moret
- From 2 to 14 November 2016 at Paris, at the headquarter of Air France Foundation
- From November, 28th to December, 17th 2016 at Paris, at PARIS ANIM’ Centre Les Halles le Marais
- From May, 29th to the June, 23th 2017 at Strasbourg,
auclub des Arts du Conseil de l’Europe
- From December, 10th 2018 to February, 28th 2019 at Paris, in the Hôtels Paris Rive Gauche : Hôtel & Spa La Belle Juliette, Hôtel Baume, Hôtel Les Dames du Panthéon, Hôtel Des Grands Hommes and Hôtel Design Sorbonne
You can help us bring this exhibition to life :
- by offering us a place for the exhibition in Paris or in the countryside.
- by giving us a hand for the organization of the events.
We would like to thank all the volunteers and supporters of CAMELEON for their commitment